Shellfish operators at the site of origin are obligated to issue a self-declaration document for movement of shellfish to another member state as directed under Article 218 of Regulation (EU) 2016/429.
The Marine Institute are requesting that all growers complete a Self-Declaration Form for the movement of shellfish out of the country to other EU Member States. This obligation is laid out in the Animal Health Act of 2016.
The Marine Institute are offering a Template for this form on their website here: https://www.fishhealth.ie/fhu/moving-fish-shellfish/self-declaration-form-template
Self–declaration by operators for movements of aquaculture animals to other Member States and delegated acts.
- Operators at the place of origin shall issue a self–declaration document for movements of aquaculture animals from their place of origin in one Member State to their place of destination in another Member State, and shall ensure that it accompanies such aquaculture animals, where they are not required to be accompanied by an animal health certificate as provided for in Articles 208 and 209 or in any rules adopted pursuant to Articles 211 and Article 214.
- The self–declaration document provided for in paragraph 1 shall contain at least the following information concerning the aquaculture animals in question:
- Their places of origin and destination, and, when relevant, any places en route;
- The means of transport
- A description of the aquaculture animals, and their categories, species and quantity (numbers, volume or weight), as relevant for the animals concerned;
- The information needed to demonstrate that the aquaculture animals fulfil the movement requirements provided for in Sections 1 to 4 (Articles 191 to 207).
- The Commission shall be empowered to adopt delegated acts in accordance with Article 264 concerning:
- detailed rules on the content of the self–declaration document provided for in paragraph 2 of this Article for different species and categories of aquaculture animals;
- additional information to be contained in the self–declaration document to the one provided for in paragraph 2 of this Article.
- The Commission may, by means of implementing acts, lay down rules for a model form of the self–declaration document provided for in paragraph 1.
The signed self-declaration document should accompany the consignment to the site of destination.
The self-declaration form is required ONLY when consignments of aquaculture animals are not accompanied by an animal health certificate.
Alternatively you could create your own document using the template as guidance as to which information should be included. Triskell have been using their own template quite successfully, some of you may have received them when we have bought your half-grown.